DeMejico Door Warranty
At Demejico, we produce the highest quality solid wood doors available on the market. We pride ourselves in the quality of all products manufactured. Here is why we make a difference.
- 1-5/8" Panel Flex System
- Type 1 waterproof exterior adhesive for core and between layers
- Old World Mortise and Tenon Joinery:
> Solid 3 ½” tenons machines on the rails
> Deep slot mortises in the stiles
- Panels are engineered to allow them to float. Panels are not glued or nailed into place.
- Maximized glue surface that holds the joints together tightly
- Reduces the probability of expansion and contraction
- Warp resistant
- Engineered to eliminate splits that allow daylight through
- Water based matte top coat for outdoors
- Excellent transparency, body, distension and vertical adhesion
- High resistance to blocking water with low color fading
Wrought Iron Grilles and Accents:
- DeMejico’s wrought iron designs are forged by hand, manufactured in the old world technique of high heat- metal hammering metal.
- Unique combination of classic door design with graceful, undulating metal patterns set inside tempered glass.
- All DeMejico Doors with iron come with clear glass. This is to allow the beauty of the metal to be discernible within the glass. However, interior glass surfaces can be obscured for privacy and security.
> For added Privacy/Security, custom glass is available upon request.
DeMejico Limited Warranty:
DeMejico warrants that the solid wood components of each pre-finished door shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship that would cause the door to be un-serviceable or unfit for ordinary, recommended use. This warranty shall run for a period of 12 months starting on the date DeMejico ship the applicable product from our manufacturing plant. Doors that are unfinished are not warranted.
DeMejico warrants the factory finish on our solid wood interior and exterior doors for a period of 12 months assuming the exterior doors are installed according to the conditions found in the section titled “Installation Instructions”. Should our finish be proven defective during this period, we will at our option, refinish the door or pay up to $275 for an interior door and up to $350 for an exterior door to the owner. Should the manufacturing of a solid wood door be proven defective during this period, DeMejico reserves the options to repair, replacement of door, or provide a full refund upon return of the door within exclusions defined below.
DEMEJICO MUST APPROVE ALL WARRANTY ISSUES IN WRITING.
The following are excluded from DeMejico’ Limited Warranty:
- Labor cost for removal, and/or re-installation of a damaged product covered by our warranty.
- Fabrication of an incorrect product in which a client has signed off on the design drawings confirming the specifications of the order.
- Warping and glass distortion due to tempering clear glass can be expected and is not considered a defect. This distortion in glass is not covered in DeMejico warranty. These conditions will not cause any issues with performance and safety and are not considered manufacturing defects.
- Custom hardware sets are not provided.
- Non-tempered glass as noted on the quotation.
- Damage caused by improper handling or storage.
- Damage caused by improper installation of the door, including doors that cannot swing freely. Reference section titled “Installation Instructions”.
- Acts of nature or acts of 3rd parties outside our control.
- Finish and Texture variation caused by the natural surface color and pore structure of the wood.
- Natural characteristics of a chosen wood material or variation in distressing will vary. Customer preferences can be noted during the quotation process but not fully within our control.
- DeMejico requires all customers to sign the irorder confirmations. Signing the order confirmation affirms that the purchaser understands the natural characteristics of our lumber, finishes, and/or distress.
- Failure to provide adequate overhang protection (reference section titled “Door Orientation”).
- Doors that are sold without a factory finish that have not been finished within 14 days from the date the product shipped from our manufacturing facility.
- Standard finish maintenance and restoration
- Damage to the door and/or complete re-finishing required because of the failure to perform routine maintenance and finish restoration (reference section titled “Maintenance and Restoration”).
- Exterior doors with southern exposure with dark colored finishes.
- Door of 40” wide by 8’ high by 1 3⁄4” thick, or smaller door panel, which does not exceed 1⁄4” warpage in the plane of the door panel. Custom doors with wider or higher wood panels which does not exceed 3/8” warpage in the plane of the door panel.
- Natural panel movement. (Solid wood doors are engineered to “float” and will expand and contract with the environment.)
- Custom doors ordered less than 1 3⁄4” thick for exterior use.
The placement and protection of your DeMejico door is a major factor in the longevity and maintenance it will require. Solid hardwood exterior doors should be protected from direct exposure to sun and precipitation by adequate roof overhang, awning, or other protective covering. Doors facing to the North offer the best natural protection, while doors facing South have the greatest risk. Doors facing West and East have moderate risk. The higher the risk, the more overhead protection is required.
Without adequate overhang protection, exterior doors are susceptible to a variety of problems such as rapid finish deterioration or color fade, splitting, warping, exaggerated panel or molding shrinkage, joint separation, and water damage. Exterior doors with a dark finish absorb heat from the sun and are even more vulnerable than lighter finished doors.
For our warranty to apply, the length of the roof overhang must be equal to, or exceed, half the distance from the base of the door to the bottom of the overhang. In other words, if the base of the door to the bottom of the overhang is twelve feet, the overhang must be at least six feet. This rule applies to doors facing North, East, and West. With doors facing South, the overhang length must match that of the distance from the base of the door to the bottom of the overhang. For example, if the base of the door to the bottom of the overhang is twelve feet, the overhang must be at least twelve feet. Exterior doors in locations without adequate overhead protection will be excluded from our warranty.
Exterior doors facing North, East, or West
Y = 1⁄2X
Exterior doors facing South
Y = X
Maintenance & Restoration:
Although the finish on your DeMejico Door is comprised of the highest quality and most durable materials available, periodic maintenance is required on all natural wood products to maintain their beauty. Light maintenance should take place on a regular basis. All exterior and interior doors, sidelights, transom, and trim, should be dusted regularly, periodically wiping with a damp, not wet, cloth to remove oil and dust particles. Furniture polish and other similar products are not recommended because they cause “build- up” on the finish. How much “heavy” maintenance (defined as restoration) will be required depends greatly on the amount of exposure your door has. Direct exposure to sunlight, moisture, salt, and dust all adversely affect a door’s finish. In areas where exposure to these elements is severe, a door’s finish might require restoration regularly throughout the year. Interior doors, or exterior doors with little or no exposure, restoration might not be required for many years. Color fading, a whitish cast, minor surface checks, or a dulling or dry appearance are all signs of finish breakdown. In addition, dark streaks or swollen panels are evidence that moisture has penetrated your door’s finish. If your door has signs of finish breakdown, it is important that finish restoration takes place immediately.
To Properly Restore the Finish:
1) Lightly sand all six surfaces with 220 grid sandpaper, using a clean cloth damped with mineral spirits to wipe away all dust particles.
2) Exterior doors, sidelights, and transom, apply at least 2 coats of exterior polyurethane with UV protection, sanding lightly between coats. Interior doors, repeat the same steps using a polyurethane finish adequate for interior applications.
Maintaining and restoring your door is required to uphold the warranty. If a finish is not maintained or restored when needed, damage to the door’s physical integrity and/or a complete re-finishing may be required but not covered under the DeMejico Door’s warranty.
This warranty shall be void and DeMejico shall have no liability here-under if customer installs, treats, or retains for greater than thirty days a door possessing an obvious defect without giving notice to DeMejico. If a defect is found, immediately contact our offices directly, or your contractor or designer from who you purchased the product. PROVIDE A CLEAR PHOTO and detailed description of the problem. A clear photo is required for all doors in which a warranty issue has been found. DeMejico has the right to request additional photos if the ones received are not adequate for us to identify and properly diagnose the problem. Within thirty days of receiving notification, we will send an acknowledgement your claim. If further investigation is determined that there is a defect that is not covered by our warranty, an inspection fee may be charged. If it is determined that there is a defect, DeMejico will acknowledge this in writing and agree to either fix the door onsite or replace it with a newly manufactured unit. DEMEJICO MAINTAINS THE RIGHT TO MAKE THE DECISION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THE FAULTY PRODUCT WILL BE REPAIRED ON SITE OR REPLACED. DEMEJICO ALSO MAINTAINS THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE IF AN ISSUE IS COVERED BY OUR WARRANTY. FAILURE TO NOTIFY DEMEJICO OF A PROBLEM THAT EXISTED WHEN THE PRODUCT ARRIVED WITHIN 30 DAYS VOIDS OUR WARRANTY. ALL CUSTOMERS MUST PAY IN FULL FOR THEIR PURCHASE REGARDLESS OF IF AN ERROR HAS BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED. If a newly manufactured unit is required, DeMejico will work to replace the product as quickly as possible but will not be held financially liable to a specific replacement time.
A CLIENT CAN NOT WITHHOLD PAYMENT WHILE WAITING FOR THEIR PURCHASE TO BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED. If the claimed problem is warpage, DeMejico reserves the right to defer repairing or replacing the door panel for a period of up to twelve months from the date of the claim to permit natural equalization due to humidity and temperature conditions. No distributor, dealer, or sales representative of DeMejico has the authority to modify this warranty, and/or agree to repair or replace an item without the written authorization of DeMejico. DEMEJICO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INDIRECT COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH WARRANTY ISSUES. The warranty applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.